I can’t recall how winter was last year but so it seems we’ve both taken ill this season. We’ve read countless articles on how winter is called the cold season for more than one reason; it’s not surprising how we’ve caught a cold. What’s startling is that we both caught a cold AT THE SAME TIME.
Nonetheless, sick people crave comforting food. And more often than not, comforting foods are things like soups, stews, broths, rice porridges, etc. So adding on from our previous recipe of Gingery Pork Rice Porridge, here’s another one of them warm lovelies to put a bit of happy in your belly if you’re feeling under the weather like us. Best part about this recipe is that it’s incredibly simple to do! Because we know standing at the hob cooking away probably one of the last things any ill person would wanna do.
Carrot, Pea and Coriander Soup – Serves 2
- 1.5 large carrots
- 1 handful peas
- 1 pork sausage
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 0.5 pint vegetable stock
- 0.5 pint water
- White pepper powder and salt, to season
- Smoked paprika, to sprinkle
- Cut the carrots and sausage into inch-size pieces and toss everything in (A) into a stainless steel pot. Boil away until the carrots are soft through.
- Using a blender, pulse the soup mixture until the desired consistency, e.g. completely smooth or chunky.
- Season accordingly to taste with white pepper powder and salt, before returning to the stove to bring to the boil.
- Serve with a sprinkling of smoked paprika, and some toast! Don’t be like us; use a sieve to sprinkle instead of using a lazy spoon. That way you won’t get a huge chunk of paprika falling onto the soup.
Don’t forget the recipe card! And get well soon!