We all know that pasta is a great option for an easy delicious meal. It’s quick to do and pretty fuss-free – mostly prepping the sauce or accompanying ingredients while the pasta is cooking. Because pasta is so versatile, it holds a major stake in our kitchen!
Here’s a combination we’ve come up with that we think is simple, satisfying and beautiful – the sausages give a mellow meaty punch to the nutty pesto and creamy Mozzarella!
Sausage, Pesto, Mozzarella Spaghetti
- 2 portions spaghetti
- 2 Cumberland sausages
- 1 tbsp basil pesto
- 1 big handful young spinach leaves
- 1 ball fresh Mozzarella
- (optional) Crunchy fried onions
- To start of, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to the packet instructions.
- Cut the sausages into disks and sear them till brown. Set aside when done, and remove the excess oil in the pan.
- When the pasta is done, combine all the ingredients together with the cooked sausages and mix gently and briskly, but well. Serve immediately, with fried crunchy onions.
Recipe card, recipe card, recipe card!